Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by robin <ro...@adm-soft.com> on 2011/03/28 10:14:31 UTC

J2 Security Customization: add organization

Hi

  i want to add organization for user management, and try to use user, role table created by myself,   after search this topic by google, that said i can reimplement SecurityValve, anything else for suggestion?  which interfaces i must reimplement?

2011-03-28

Best Regards
Robin Xie

Re: J2 Security Customization: add organization

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 30/03/2011 11:24 PM, robin wrote:
> if config ldap security in jetspeed, need i repulicate user information into jetspeed's database security tables?
>
> 2011-03-31

My short answer is yes.
LDAP will deal with authentication but not usually authorization.
Jetspeed needs to know what roles a user has so that it can determine
what pages and what portlets the user gets.
A order entry clerk will not have the same portal functionality as the
VP of Finance even if they both are in the LDAP.
Some one in division A may have a completely different colour scheme and
logo that someone else in division B even if they have the same job
title and both are in the LDAP.

If you want to save some work, the portlets need to be able to ask
Jetspeed what roles a user has in order to know what functions the user
can access and what content the user can see.
You can manage this using your own profiles instead or a combination of
Jetspeed and your own information.
Try to use Jetspeed in a way that avoids duplicate authorization data
which can get out of synch.

Ron

Re: Re: J2 Security Customization: add organization

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.