Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Vinicius Barros <vi...@yahoo.com.br> on 2011/05/01 03:18:27 UTC

I was accepted in GSoC!!!

Hi,
That's great, I am waiting next instructions from google, it seems there is some paperwork to do.
Regards,

Vinicius Barros

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Welcome Vinicius!  This is a badly needed feature and I'm glad you're
working on it :)

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: I was accepted in GSoC!!!

Posted by Earwin Burrfoot <ea...@gmail.com>.
By the way, guys. LuSolr SVN repository is mirrored @
git://git.apache.org/lucene-solr.git , which is in turn mirrored @
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr .
Working with git (maybe with stgit) is easier than juggling patches by hand.

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 15:00, David Nemeskey <ne...@sztaki.hu> wrote:
> Hi Uwe,
>
> do you mean one issue per GSoC proposal, or one for every logical "unit" in
> the project?
>
> If the second: Robert told me to use the flexscoring branch as a base for my
> project, since preliminary work has already been done in that branch. Should I
> open JIRA issues nevertheless?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> On 2011 May 04, Wednesday 09:56:02 Uwe Schindler wrote:
>> Hi Vinicius,
>>
>> Submitting patches via JIRA is fine! We were just thinking about possibly
>> providing some SVN to work with (as additional "training"), but came to the
>> conclusion, that all students should go the "standard" Apache Lucene way of
>> submitting patches to JIRA issues. You can of course still use SVN / GIT
>> locally to organize your code. At the end we just need a patch to be
>> committed by one of the core committers.
>>
>>Uwe

Kirill Zakharenko/Кирилл Захаренко
E-Mail/Jabber: earwin@gmail.com
Phone: +7 (495) 683-567-4
ICQ: 104465785

Re: I was accepted in GSoC!!!

Posted by David Nemeskey <ne...@sztaki.hu>.
Hi Uwe,

RE: I was accepted in GSoC!!!

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Vinicius,

Submitting patches via JIRA is fine! We were just thinking about possibly
providing some SVN to work with (as additional "training"), but came to the
conclusion, that all students should go the "standard" Apache Lucene way of
submitting patches to JIRA issues. You can of course still use SVN / GIT
locally to organize your code. At the end we just need a patch to be
committed by one of the core committers.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

De: Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>
Assunto: RE: I was accepted in GSoC!!!
Para: dev@lucene.apache.org
Data: Domingo, 1 de Maio de 2011, 7:36

Welcome Vinicius,

I am glad to hear that you (my mentee) are one of the 5 students that are
working for Apache Lucene/Solr this year. Until the coding officially
starts, we should also sort out the infrastructure things like where to put
the code and make a plan how to start. We should keep in close contact.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de <http://www.thetaphi.de/>

RE: I was accepted in GSoC!!!

Welcome Vinicius,  I am glad to hear that you (my mentee) are one of the 5 students that are working for Apache Lucene/Solr this year. Until the coding officially starts, we should also sort out the infrastructure things like where to put the code and make a plan how to start. We should keep in close contact.  Uwe  -----Uwe SchindlerH.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremenhttp://www.thetaphi.deeMail: uwe@thetaphi.de  From: Vinicius Barros [mailto:viniciusbarros.gsoc@yahoo.com.br]
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:18 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org; uschindler@apache.org
Subject: I was accepted in GSoC!!!  Hi,  That's great, I am waiting next instructions from google, it seems there is some paperwork to do.  Regards,
Vinicius Barros

The Google Summer of Code Program Administration Team

RE: I was accepted in GSoC!!!