Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ravindra <ra...@btpsoft.com> on 2009/08/11 15:42:07 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTPS communication between Apache & Tomcat

Hi Everybody,

I have an application "app" in tomcat and accessing it using
http://hostname/app/login.action . I have added mod_proxy and proxying
request to tomcat via apache. The following is setup; here Apache and Tomcat
are on same host (for some reason).

                  Http                                    http

Browser <--------------------> Apache2.2 <-------------------->Tomcat6.0

            Now I want to access the "app" in the following way. If any user
types http://hostname/app/login.action want to redirect them to
https://hostname/app/login.action

                Https (Strictly)                               http

What are the other modules I need to add? Can anybody point me to useful
links?

Thank you,

Ravindra

Re: [users@httpd] HTTPS communication between Apache & Tomcat

Posted by Suresh Visvanathan <su...@yahoo.com>.
 you can redirect using  mod_rewrite module