Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Sanderson <am...@sdsc.edu> on 2002/12/06 04:18:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Compiling Apache 2.0.43 with LDAP

>> --with-ldap \
>> --with-auth-ldap \

> + 2 x enable

I have them both in my --enable-mods-shared= option

> I used the Netscape ldapsdk and was able to get it to build.  You can =
> get them here
> http://wwws.sun.com/software/download/developer/5176.html

Thanks for the tip, I tried this SDK and now it compiles fine, but I get
the following runtime error:

Syntax error on line 235 of /#apache_home#/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /#apache_home#/modules/mod_auth_ldap.so into server: ld.so.1:
httpd: fatal: relocation error:
file /#apache_home#/modules/mod_auth_ldap.so:
symbol util_ldap_connection_close: referenced symbol not found

Why is it giving me this error?  It looks like thus function is defined in
include/util_ldap.h, also what is apr and apr-util, what would I need
these for?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Andy

[users@httpd] running two httpd.conf

Posted by Farid Hamjavar <ha...@unm.edu>.
apache 1.3.27 rh 7.x

hello,

We're in a situation where we must run a
single installation of Apache using two httpd.conf

Is that doable (i.e. people are doing it often)?

What are the  pitfalls in setting it up?

How do we bring up/down daemons in such a way that
httpds running under one httpd.conf does not effect
the other  httpds running under other httpd.conf?

Thanks,
Farid