Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com> on 2016/03/12 18:36:49 UTC

camel-blueprint, camel-scr and camel-core-osgi relationship

While I was trying to track down another issue, I discovered that the the dependencies on the classes in camel-core-osgi are handled differently by camel-blueprint and camel-scr.

The camel-blueprint bundle includes the class files from camel-core-osgi (and camel-core-xml for that matter), while camel-scr declares a dependency on the package and uses the camel-core-osgi bundle.

Shouldn’t the classes in camel-core-osgi be used the same way?

Re: camel-blueprint, camel-scr and camel-core-osgi relationship

Posted by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>.
Thanks for the background Claus - I completely understand how software can evolve in interesting ways.

It really threw me for a while when I was debugging because I was changing camel-core-osgi and re-deployig it to Karaf - but my changes wouldn’t show up.  I had to build both camel-core-osgi and camel-blueprint and then update camel-blueprint to get my changes in - that’s when I came across this.

Do you think this would be worth creating a JIRA for addressing?  Do you think the containers have matured enough now that the duplication could be eliminated?

I think it would be nice if everything that needed the classes from camel-core-osgi and camel-core-xml could just use the bundles, but I understand that may not be possible.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi