Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by ah...@intermediate.de on 2001/04/25 10:26:26 UTC

using generic types

Hi all,

I'm still stuck on the same Problem.

I'm using Apache SOAP and need to use a service that returns a generic type
(eg. Object or my own abstract superclass). I figured that Apache SOAP uses
the reflection to get the class-information for mapping and also the bean
serializer uses the super class as a bean which in my case is abstract and
does not contain any information.

However, the definition of SOAP (http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/ chapter 5.3)
talks about polymorphic accessors. Is this somehow relatet to my Problem?

Anyway, is there a solution for this without writing my own serializer?
(e.g. by telling SOAP to get the runtime information and not via
reflection)

Alex