Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mauro Daniel Ardolino <ma...@altersoft.com.ar> on 2002/09/16 18:41:32 UTC

TOMCAT + COCOON

Hello!
It may be out of topic but I think some of you are working with cocoon.

I am trying to install cocoon under tomcat under windows98.
I followed the simple instructions of cocoon: just put the war file on
webapps and restart Tomcat, then navigate: http://localhost:8080/cocoon
I get this error:
" 4.0.4 - HTTP Status 404 - /cocoon
The requested resource (/cocoon) is not available "

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Mauro

--
Ing.Mauro Daniel Ardolino
Departamento de Desarrollo y Servicios

Re: TOMCAT + COCOON

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Mauro Daniel Ardolino wrote:

>Hello!
>It may be out of topic but I think some of you are working with cocoon.
>
>I am trying to install cocoon under tomcat under windows98.
>I followed the simple instructions of cocoon: just put the war file on
>webapps and restart Tomcat, then navigate: http://localhost:8080/cocoon
>I get this error:
>" 4.0.4 - HTTP Status 404 - /cocoon
>The requested resource (/cocoon) is not available "
>
>What I am doing wrong?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Mauro

Hi mate best try the Cocoon user mailing list this apparently is a great
source of advice from a thriving community of users I'll be joining
shortly I'm afraid I'm new to Cocoon 2 I've installed on my Linux Box to
service Xindice native XML Database within Tomcat v4 So I'm unable to
shed any light other than the obvious that it can't locate Cocoon

See u in the Mailing Group

--
Regards
Chuck Amadi

Re: TOMCAT + COCOON

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Mauro Daniel Ardolino wrote:

>Hello!
>It may be out of topic but I think some of you are working with cocoon.
>
>I am trying to install cocoon under tomcat under windows98.
>I followed the simple instructions of cocoon: just put the war file on
>webapps and restart Tomcat, then navigate: http://localhost:8080/cocoon
>I get this error:
>" 4.0.4 - HTTP Status 404 - /cocoon
>The requested resource (/cocoon) is not available "
>
>What I am doing wrong?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Mauro

Hi again Plz try your ipAddress instead of localhost(127.0.0.1) . Wortha
try make sure you have mapped all localhost to ipAddress (Ensure you
create a comments about the changes you.ve made first !!!   <!-- ==
Changed localhost to 172.**.**.** on 19/09/02  === -- >