Posted to dev@pegasus.apache.org by Yingchun Lai <la...@apache.org> on 2023/01/03 15:46:57 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Welcoming Dan Wang as Pegasus PPMC member

Hi Pegasus community,

I'm happy to announce that the Pegasus PPMC has voted to add Dan Wang
(GitHub ID: empiredan) as a new PPMC member and he has accepted the
invitation.

Dan has been actively writing Pegasus code over the past two years,
and since he became a Pegasus committer in July last year, Dan still
continuously contributed to the Pegasus community since then, his
major contribution has been to refactor the metrics framework,
refactor and improve some utilities and CI jobs, carefully review some
other contributors' pull requests. Dan has also many non-code
contributions, for example, he made a speech about Pegasus in
ApacheCon Asia 2022, organized the offline meetup of Pegasus on Nov
5th, 2022, and provided much help to users in the Pegasus community.

Please join me in congratulating Dan!

Best regards,
Yingchun Lai

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcoming Dan Wang as Pegasus PPMC member

Posted by Dan Wang <wa...@apache.org>.
Thanks Yingchun and the community !

It's my pleasure to be accepted as a member of PPMC. Nearly 3 years ago,
while I began to use Pegasus I was interested in this project. It's
powerful and fascinating, playing a very important role in our system. To
give back to the community, I began to commit issues and pull requests,
also hoping to make Pegasus stronger and stronger.

Now as a PPMC member, I think I've been given more responsibility to make
Pegasus faster, more robust and active, to help more people with their
business. Also hope more developers join us.

Thanks !