Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Lucas Nazário dos Santos <na...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/02 14:47:43 UTC

Re: Running tasktrackers on datanodes

Very insightful your response.

The problem was with the SSH server. It wasn't working. Now everything seems
to be running ok.

Thanks Ollie,
Lucas

Posted by Lucas Nazário dos Santos <na...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

There really was a problem with SSH, but it's ok now. When I issue the
command start-all.sh from the master node (after formating the namenode), it
properly connects to the slave. The problem is that the datanode, as well as
the tasktracker are not initialized.

SSH is working (at least, it seems to be)
Hadoop is installed on the same directory structure
(c:\hadoop-install\hadoop) in both master and slave nodes
Nothing is logged within the slave log folder

The unique clue is the console. When I issue the command start-all.sh, it
prints... (192.168.1.149 is the slave; 192.168.0.244 is the master)

$ start-all.sh
starting namenode, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/bin/../logs/hado
op-iscurriculum-namenode-luana.out
iscurriculum@192.168.1.149's password:
192.168.1.149: starting datanode, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/b
.out./logs/hadoop-iscurriculum-datanode-floripa76
192.168.1.149: /cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh: line
98:
/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-iscurriculum-datanode-flori
.out: No such file or directory
192.168.1.149: head: cannot open
`/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/bin/../logs/
hadoop-iscurriculum-datanode-floripa76\r.out' for reading: No such file or
direc
tory
iscurriculum@192.168.0.244's password:
192.168.0.244: starting secondarynamenode, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install
.outoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-iscurriculum-secondarynamenode-luana
192.168.0.244: cat: cannot open file
/dev/fs/C/tmp/hadoop-iscurriculum-secondary
namenode.pid : No such file or directory
192.168.0.244: /cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh: line
98:
/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-iscurriculum-secondarynamen
.out: No such file or directory
192.168.0.244: head: Cannot open file
'/dev/fs/C/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoo
.out': No such file or directorym-secondarynamenode-luana
starting jobtracker, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/bin/../logs/ha
doop-iscurriculum-jobtracker-luana.out
iscurriculum@192.168.1.149's password:
192.168.1.149: starting tasktracker, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoo
.outn/../logs/hadoop-iscurriculum-tasktracker-floripa76
192.168.1.149: /cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh: line
98:
/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-iscurriculum-tasktracker-fl
.out: No such file or directory
192.168.1.149: head: cannot open
`/cygdrive/c/hadoop-install/hadoop/bin/../logs/
hadoop-iscurriculum-tasktracker-floripa76\r.out' for reading: No such file
or di
rectory

Thanks,
Lucas