Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Anshum Gupta <an...@apple.com> on 2017/11/06 21:05:11 UTC

Re: SPLITSHARD and MIGRATE Collection API Response

Hi Jason,

The history behind responses looking like this is that when collections APIs were added, the top level response to the request but nothing but a list of all the responses from the core level admin requests that were made internally in order to process the request. That is the reason why you see responses with multiple headers.

It certainly wasn’t an oversight and while I think we still should have the responses from internal calls (optionally) returned, it would be much better to clean up the responses to be something that are easy to read and understand.

-Anshum