Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Zoheir Ezziane <ze...@ud.ac.ae> on 2007/04/11 18:19:00 UTC

Problem when installing Maven 2.0

Dear Madam/Sir,

I am trying to install Maven 2.0 using the command "mvn install, and I
am getting the following messages:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO]
----

[INFO] Building Maven Default Project

[INFO]    task-segment: [install]

[INFO]
----

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found

[INFO]

[INFO]

[INFO] Total time: < 1 second

[INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 11 20:08:00 GST 2007

[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M

[INFO]

When I used -e switch, here are the messages:

+ Error stacktraces are turned on.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO]
----

[INFO] Building Maven Default Project

[INFO]    task-segment: [install]

[INFO]
----

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found

[INFO]

[INFO] Trace

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist or no
valid version could be found

            at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:1286)

            at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(De
faultLifecycleExecutor.java:1522)

            at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindLifecycleForPack
aging(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1016)

            at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycleMa
ppings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:980)

            at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:458)

            at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)

            at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)

            at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:143)

            at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)

            at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)

            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

            at
a:39)

            at
Impl.java:25)

            at

            at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)

            at

Caused by:
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found

            at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePlugi
nVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:228)

            at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePlugi
nVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:90)

            at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginM
anager.java:166)

            at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:1257)

            ... 18 more

[INFO]

[INFO] Total time: < 1 second

[INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 11 20:11:06 GST 2007

[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M

[INFO]

Thanks for your help

Zoheir

Re: Problem when installing Maven 2.0

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

You can also try

mvn resources:resources -X -cpu

Note: -X sets the log to debug mode, and -cpu checks for plugin updates.

Cheers,
Franz

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
try this first:

--
---

Re: Re: Problem when installing Maven 2.0

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Also, if you ever tried to run mvn before configuring your proxy, you
can sometimes end up with "bad metadata" in your local repo leading to
problems like you're seeing.

So once you've configured your proxy properly in settings.xml, please
delete the ~/.m2 directory and allow Maven to rebuild it the next time
it runs. Plugins and artifacts should be downloaded and installed
properly, and things should generally "just work".

Wayne

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,