Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Venkatarami Netla <ve...@cloudwick.com> on 2013/07/28 08:07:31 UTC

solr -Reg

Hi,
I am beginner for solr , so please explain step by step how to use solr
with hdfs and map reduce..

Thanks & Regards
--
N Venkata Rami Reddy

Re: solr -Reg

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
True that it deserves some posting on solr, but i think It's still partially relevant...

The SolrInputFormat and SolrOutputFormat handle this for you and will be used in your map reduce jobs .

They will output one core. per reducer, where each reducer corresponds to a core.. This is necessary since all indices are stored locally per core.

Remember that even though you might be able to create shards from several terabytes easily in hadoop, hosting them will require some very high performance Hardware.

Re: solr -Reg

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: solr -Reg

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.