Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Uwe Seimet <Uw...@seimet.de> on 2006/01/15 18:40:54 UTC

[HttpClient] Exception: char set may not be null or empty

Hello!

When using getResponseBodyAsString() for this URL:

http://www.sathyasaibaba.hu

an IllegalArgumentException with reason "charset may not be null or
empty" is raised. I do not have any problem to read the same URL with a
browser or wget, and when looking at the HTML I do not see anything
wrong. Maybe something is wrong in the HTTP response headers? If this is
the case, is there any work-around, so that I can read the contents of
this webpage without an exception?

Best regards,   Uwe