Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Goulven Rozec <go...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/24 07:48:16 UTC

Fwd: How to check "split on" option on table

Hi folks,

I would like to create a table with the « split on » option on one part of
the primary key as follow  :

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS MYTABLE ("col1 " VARCHAR NOT NULL , "col2"
VARCHAR, "col3" VARCHAR NOT NULL, "col4" VARCHAR, "col5" VARCHAR, ……
CONSTRAINT ROWKEY PRIMARY KEY ("col1", "col2")) SPLIT ON ('col1
value1','col2 value2', …… );

How can I check if my « split on » is correctly setup on my table ?

Thanks in advance for your time

Re: How to check "split on" option on table

Posted by Pedro Boado <pb...@apache.org>.
I would list table regions by either checking Hbase admin web UI or from
the Hbase shell with list_regions 'table_name' and check that each region
startKey matches your split points.

Afaik there is no way for checking this from phoenix console.

Also, these type of questions are a better fit for user@phoenix.apache.org.

Cheers.