Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/10/27 18:29:53 UTC

[general][snapshot] Are we ready to roll a new developer release?

Any blocking issues?  otherwise I suggest we roll a new snapshot this
weekend.  It has been a while.

I realize that Mark is working on an alternative source release
structure at the moment, but perhaps that waits for next time?

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)

Re: [general][snapshot] Comments

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Observations on the Windows snapshot:
>
>  - Which third-party notices file are you picking up?  The version in
> the snapshot is not the one I recently updated in classlib.

That's something we need to fix.

>  - jvmti.h should be in "jdk/include" not "include".  We also seem to
> have a "jdk/jre/include" directory, containing files that should be in
> "jdk/include".

Yes, we'll do that when we flesh out the jdk.  We've talked about this
before.

>  - Why is encoder.lib in jdk/jre/bin/default?

Dunno - I just suck everything out of jre/bin from classlib.  I'll check.

>  - The antlr-2.7.5.jar is VM-specific, so it should not be put in the
> common jre/lib/boot directory, but part of the DRL VM subdir (just like
> kernel classes).

Good catch

>  - The jre/lib/ext dir contains both a bcprov.jar and a signed.bcprov.jar.

Grrr :)

> Managed to run a bunch of Eclipse scenarios and a bunch of SwingSet
> demos.  Good stuff.

Where do you get the demos?  I think it would be nice to have our own
set of demos in the JDK....

geir

Re: [general][snapshot] Comments (was: Are we ready to roll a new developer release?)

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)

Re: [general][snapshot] Are we ready to roll a new developer release?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
doh!

(fixed)

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.