Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tony Opatha <to...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/29 01:12:24 UTC

Apache AXIS Logging Service

1) How is the AXIS 1.1 and 1.2 logging service related to java.util.logging APIs
    that are available in JDK 1.4?

2) How do we log inbound and outbound SOAP message instances in AXIS
    client and AXIS server run-times?

3) What particular APIs does AXIS expose for logging and how are they related
    Apache Common Logging API?

Thanks.

Re: Apache AXIS Logging Service

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Tony Opatha wrote:
> 1) How is the AXIS 1.1 and 1.2 logging service related to
> java.util.logging APIs
>     that are available in JDK 1.4?

Axis uses Apache commons logger as a front end to either Log4J, Avalon
or JDK1.4 logging. If you run on Java1.4 and dont have Log4J on the
classpath, that means that that java.util.logging gets a look in.

see logging : http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html

> 3) What particular APIs does AXIS expose for logging and how are they
> related
>     Apache Common Logging API?

Axis doesnt expose any interfaces, it just uses the commons log API

Re: Apache AXIS Logging Service

Posted by Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org>.
Apache Axis uses the Apache Common logging API. This is pretty
thoroughly explained in the excellent Axis documentation,
  http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/integration-guide.html