Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Eka Gautama <ek...@seatech.com> on 2006/08/08 14:14:25 UTC

ORDER BY CLAUSE

HI guys,

I am having problem currently. I have a very simple query with ORDER BY clause, but I want to give parameter to what I am going to order. The parameter is comes from the UI.

Here is the SQL MAP :

<select id="QueryBranch" resultClass="HashTable" parameterClass="HashTable">
 SELECT  BRANCH_CODE
     ,OFFICE_CODE
 FROM   BRANCH_MASTER
 ORDER  BY #SortExpr# ASC
</select>

#SortExpr# will be either BRANCH_CODE or OFFICE_CODE which is supplied from UI.

The above statements give me result but not in order that I want.

But, if I change into like this :

<select id="QueryBranch" resultClass="HashTable" parameterClass="HashTable">
 SELECT  BRANCH_CODE
     ,OFFICE_CODE
 FROM   BRANCH_MASTER
 ORDER  BY OFFICE_CODE ASC
</select>

It gives me the correct order of the records.

Am I missing something?? Help please....

Eka

Re: ORDER BY CLAUSE

Posted by Uwe Lesta <le...@sbs-softwaresysteme.de>.

Eka Gautama wrote:

> Hi Lesta,
>
> Thanks for the help and it works!!
>
> Just wondering, why my way was not working? Any reasons why?

The syntax of  #SortExpr#  make a substitution with the value of the property named by SortExpr.

The syntax of  $SortExpr$  make a substitution with the value of SortExpr.

<snip>

--

Kind regards

Uwe
Lesta at SBS-Softwaresysteme.de

Re: ORDER BY CLAUSE

Posted by Eka Gautama <ek...@seatech.com>.
Hi Lesta,

Thanks for the help and it works!!

Just wondering, why my way was not working? Any reasons why?

Regards

Eka

Re: ORDER BY CLAUSE

Posted by Uwe Lesta <le...@sbs-softwaresysteme.de>.