Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com> on 2006/05/10 19:01:07 UTC

Archetype installation and creation of the app problem

hmm,

I created an archetype following directions at
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-creating-archetypes.html

this is waht I get when I run the archetype:create

$ mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=com.opensymphony     -DarchetypeArtif
actId=webwork-app     -DarchetypeVersion=0.1     -DgroupId=my.group     -Dartif
actId=appid     -Dversion=0.1
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/archetype/maven-arch
etype-creator/0.1/maven-archetype-creator-0.1.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org
/maven2)
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/archetype/maven-arch
etype-core/0.1/maven-archetype-core-0.1.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org
/maven2)
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/archetype/maven-arch
etype-creator/0.1/maven-archetype-creator-0.1.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org
/maven2)
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/archetype/maven-arch
etype-core/0.1/maven-archetype-core-0.1.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org
/maven2)
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.maven.archetype:maven-archetype-creator:jar:0.1

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.archetype -DartifactId
=maven-archetype-creator \
          -Dversion=0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-alph
a-4
        2) org.apache.maven.archetype:maven-archetype-creator:jar:0.1

2) org.apache.maven.archetype:maven-archetype-core:jar:0.1

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.archetype -DartifactId
=maven-archetype-core \
          -Dversion=0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-alph
a-4
        2) org.apache.maven.archetype:maven-archetype-core:jar:0.1

----------
2 required artifacts are missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-4

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://svn.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)

[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed May 10 09:54:17 PDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 2M/4M

Anyone knows what is wrong here?

Thanks,
Alex.

Re: Archetype installation and creation of the app problem

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com>.
That did it!
Thanks a ton!

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.