Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tamás Barta <ba...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/16 14:06:19 UTC

We are not the leader

Hi,

We have two Solr 5.4.1 instances running in a ZK cluster. The system worked
well for month but now something happened.

Node1 is in "recovery" state (we didn't restarted it and didn't do anything
with it) and Node2 is the only active. The problem is that Node2 says that
"We are not the leader" and sometimes says that "ClusterState says we are
the leader but locally we don't think so. Request came from null".

In ZK I see that leader is Node2 but that node refuses that. So I can't
start Node1 now because Node2 says to it that leave me alone. Node2 is the
only server which receives user request so I can't restart it. Restarting
Node1 and ZK nodes doesn't solve the problem.

Could you help me how could this happen and what should I do to fix the
system?

Thanks,
Tamas