Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Dariusz Nowak <da...@wp.pl> on 2007/09/05 16:12:15 UTC

How to access pom in SVN HTTPS repository with unauthenticated certificate

Hi,

My problem is that continuum fails to add a new maven2 project when the
pom file is located in  SVN repository available only through HTTPS.

I have provided the url in the correct format
https://username:pass@server/.../pom.xml

The result error message in version 1.1-beta-2 is:

'You are not authorized to access the requested URL. Please verify that
the correct username and password are provided.'

I have tried 1.0.3 and it cannot access the pom, too.

The url is correct because after pasting it to browser the content of
pom.xml is displayed.

I suspect that the problem is that our HTTP server uses a certificate
that is not signed by any known authority center. The browser warns
about it.

There is no way to access the repository by HTTP or to change/sign the
certificate.

I would be very grateful for a solution to this problem.

BR,
Dariusz

RE: How to access pom in SVN HTTPS repository with unauthenticated certificate

Posted by Denis Kranjčec <de...@srce.hr>.
Hi

Did you try to manually download pom.xml to file system on machine where
is continuum installed and then load file from file system?

Regards,
Denis

Posted by Mac-Systems <ma...@mac-systems.de>.
You have to add the Cert to the JVM once by importing it by Keytool:

keytool -import -alias YOUR_ALIAS -file CERT.cer

- Jens

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
You can add your certificate to your jdk with keytool so the certificate will be know by the jdk

Emmanuel