Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2014/07/18 19:38:41 UTC

ulimit changed with Apache Jenkins upgrade?

Hi Giri, can you check that the new hosts (H#) have the ulimit set to
what it was set to on the original hadoop# hosts? I'm seeing new test
failures with

     [exec]     [junit] java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-Build/trunk/build/test/tmp/test7610638215300246179.junit.dir/version-2/log.100000001
(Too many open files)

which we've not seen before. I believe this means that we running out
of file descriptors?

Can you verify and address if possible?

Thanks,

Patrick

Re: ulimit changed with Apache Jenkins upgrade?

Posted by Bong Chen Lock <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bong Chen Lock <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bong Chen Lock <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
This Bong Chen Lock who replys to every mail without saying anything is just about to get banned.

Gav…

Posted by Bong Chen Lock <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Giridharan Kesavan <gk...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ulimit changed with Apache Jenkins upgrade?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Giridharan Kesavan <gk...@hortonworks.com>.
jenkins@asf901:~$ ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 386178

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ulimit changed with Apache Jenkins upgrade?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
I believe that's because we've run out of files and the class file
can't be loaded as a result.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1

Fwd: ulimit changed with Apache Jenkins upgrade?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.