Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2012/11/17 13:47:48 UTC

Current compiler question

As a complete compiler noob, but can somebody answer this:

Can we not build a 'mxmlcJS'? I understand that Falcon was specifically
designed to have a 'variable backend' that allows for FalconJS to be hooked
in. Is something like that feasible with the 'previous generation'
compiler(s)?

The advantage would be that we have a fully fledged MXML/AS compiler that
works with the current framework, so no need to rewrite the framework, nor
invest heavily in finishing the remaining 20% of the Falcon MXML parsing
and finish FalconJS. We would 'only' have to rewrite the part of the
compiler that currently outputs 'abc' and the browser side player
(HTML/CSS/JS) :-)

Thoughts?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Current compiler question

Posted by Joan Llenas Masó <jo...@garnetworks.com>.
That's a lot of good information to start with!
Thanks a lot.

Personally, after reading Alex thoughts about the Flex rewrite and watching
Michael Labriola Randori slides I see a future for current work done.
I am very enthusiastic about this new vision and I'll try to give arguments
in its favour when more detailed information is disclosed and am even more
convinced.
We'll see where the river ends up flowing.

Thanks again.

Cheers!

--
Joan Llenas Masó
CEO/CTO Garnet Works SL

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.

Posted by Joan Llenas Masó <jo...@garnetworks.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
I don't quite understand what you are saying but, I have said 100
times I do not like the Flash Player in many threads, read it on my

Posted by Stefan Horochovec <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hordur Thordarson <ho...@lausn.is>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.