Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2015/02/06 17:55:47 UTC

Maven parent and Java version

the travis build at

https://travis-ci.org/taverna-incubator/incubator-taverna-language/builds/49756777#L7802

seems confused with the Java versions. It should use 1.7.

It turns out to be inherited from Apache parent pom:

http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/16/apache-16.pom

        <maven.compiler.source>1.4</maven.compiler.source>
        <maven.compiler.target>1.4</maven.compiler.target>
    </properties>

        <plugin>
          <version>3.1</version>
          <configuration>
            <source>${maven.compiler.source}</source>
            <target>${maven.compiler.target}</target>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>

We only had override of the maven-compiler-plugin in our
taverna-maven-parent, and not the properties. Perhaps other bits of
Maven picked them up?

I have thus specified BOTH now to be sure.
https://github.com/taverna-incubator/incubator-taverna-maven-parent/blob/master/pom.xml#L87

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
Apache Taverna (incubating)

Re: Maven parent and Java version

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
I fixed some other build errors in taverna-language - OpenJDK 8 error
in this test due to some changed behaviour in its zipfs handling:

https://github.com/taverna-incubator/incubator-taverna-language/commit/3b1aca7d59964c5467d80b9b21d8c3a5f7d0e6e0

We don't use this feature of robundle now, so it's not that important
yet. I've made a fork at
https://github.com/stain/nio-zipfs to see if we can control this better
(by my surprise, it was BSD licensed, so if needed, it theory it could
be brought into robundle directly)

I also deleted this "demo" test

https://github.com/taverna-incubator/incubator-taverna-language/commit/c887d58ff54e97f6d59fc46f3b044596fbfab69a

as it requires a Taverna workflow that we don't have the right to
distribute under Apache license.

Not sure what Travis will think yet, as it's busy downloading old Sesame JARs..
https://travis-ci.org/taverna-incubator/incubator-taverna-language/builds/49764713

Jenkins: http://build.mygrid.org.uk/ci/job/incubator-taverna-language/32/