Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Jim Donofrio <do...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/15 07:13:57 UTC

access schema defined in LOAD statement in custom LoadFunc?

Is there anyway within a LoadFunc to access the schema that a user
defines after AS in a LOAD statement? Is there some property I can
access in the UDFContext or ? pushProjection provides the schema from a
FOREACH GENERATE and getSchema seems to be only meant to read part of
the actual file or a JSON schema file off disk.

Re: access schema defined in LOAD statement in custom LoadFunc?

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure why pushProjection doesn't solve your dilemma?
This is what we use in HBaseStorage, and ElephantBird uses in thrift
and protobuf loaders.

Posted by Jim Donofrio <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.