Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "De Backer Frederik (Belfius)" <Fr...@belfius.be> on 2012/11/09 14:51:40 UTC

Stop JMS message reception on exception

Hello,

I am receiving JMS message in an MDB that is deployed inside a WAS 8.0 application server. In order to prevent out of order processing of messages, we stop the message listener when an exception occurs (this is standard feature of WAS message listener). So my question is: how can I implement this behaviour in Camel ? I guess I need a way to shutdown the route somehow.

Kr,

Frederik De Backer

http://www.belfius.be/maildisclaimer.htm

Re: Stop JMS message reception on exception

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

See this FAQ
http://camel.apache.org/how-can-i-stop-a-route-from-a-route.html

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:51 PM, De Backer Frederik (Belfius)
<Fr...@belfius.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am receiving JMS message in an MDB that is deployed inside a WAS 8.0 application server. In order to prevent out of order processing of messages, we stop the message listener when an exception occurs (this is standard feature of WAS message listener). So my question is: how can I implement this behaviour in Camel ? I guess I need a way to shutdown the route somehow.
>
> Kr,
>
> Frederik De Backer

> http://www.belfius.be/maildisclaimer.htm

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Stop JMS message reception on exception

Posted by ch...@mediadriver.com.
Programmaticly you could use the CamelContext object to access all
Components with in that context. At that level you should be able to
accomplish what you are looking to do.

http://camel.apache.org/maven/current/camel-core/apidocs/org/apache/camel/CamelContext.html

Chris O.