Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/11/01 19:58:41 UTC

upgrading to newest Lenya

Hi all,

We're in the process of moving files from one server to another, with
the new server having the latest and greatest Lenya.  If I copy the
directory of a publication from the old server and move it to the new,
it won't have the updated config files, improvements to files, etc.
Any recommendations on how to move all of our content over but still
get all the latest files that come with the default publication?

Jon

Re: upgrading to newest Lenya

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Jonathan Linczak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're in the process of moving files from one server to another, with
> the new server having the latest and greatest Lenya.  If I copy the
> directory of a publication from the old server and move it to the new,
> it won't have the updated config files, improvements to files, etc.  Any
> recommendations on how to move all of our content over but still get all
> the latest files that come with the default publication?

i'd start with taking a fresh default publication from 1.2.1 and adding
in your content, ac etc and see how it goes.

eclipse with its diff functionality is definitely your friend.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                          http://lenya.apache.org