Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Duc Phan <th...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/28 22:26:58 UTC

$.couch.login(options);

Hello all,

Can someone please explain to me what do I need to pass in as the parameter
to log in from couchapp via jquery.

For example I have an admin account name "John" "Doe".
What is the exact syntax to login and create a session in my couchApp.

Thanks in advance.

Re: $.couch.login(options);

Posted by Alan Plante <al...@gmail.com>.
The success and error functions need to be in the same object as the user
and pwd fields:
{
    name:"USERNAME",
    password:"PASSWORD",
    success: function(resp){
       alert(resp);
    },
    error: function(status, error, reason){
        alert("Status: " + status + " Error: " + error + " Reason: " +
reason);
    }
}

Re: $.couch.login(options);

Posted by Duc Phan <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alan,

Thanks again for your help. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on these
topics since
I am new to JQuery + CouchDB.

I have attempted to get the result from the login and failed.
I have tried to several methods such as:
1. $.couch.login({name:"USERNAME"
,password:"PASSWORD"},{ success: function(result){ alert(result)}});

2. $.couch.login({name:"USERNAME"
,password:"PASSWORD"}, success: function(result){ alert(result)});

3. $.couch.login({name:"USERNAME"
,password:"PASSWORD"},{ success: function(result){ alert(result.value)}});

4. $.couch.login({name:"USERNAME"
,password:"PASSWORD"},{ success: function(result){ alert(result.userCtx)}});

5. $.couch.login({name:"USERNAME"

Re: $.couch.login(options);

Posted by Alan Plante <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: $.couch.login(options);