Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Kljopov Sergey <kl...@wetellyou.com> on 2000/09/01 14:49:23 UTC

RE: cannot force generation of " inside attribute value string

Try to patch FormatterToXML -
in method processAttribute:

protected void processAttribute(String name, String value)
    throws SAXException
  {
    char delim = ( (isContainsIn('\"', value) == true) ? '\'' : '\"' );
    accum(' ');
    accum('=');
    accum(delim);
    writeAttrString(value, this.m_encoding);
    accum(delim);
    /** it's older code
    accum(' ');
    accum(name);
    accum("=\"");
    writeAttrString(value, this.m_encoding);
    accum('\"');
    */
  }

isContainsIn(char, String) returns true if char contains in String else
returns false