Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/30 16:44:56 UTC

keepOptimizedOnly solr1.4 trunk version 27/03/2009

Hi,

I would like to know more about keepOptimizedOnly,
My problem is on the slaves's servers it's a bit slow after a replication
and I would like to automatize an optimization after every commit. How can I
do that ? Is it this option keepOptimizedOnly?

Thanks a lot,

Re: keepOptimizedOnly solr1.4 trunk version 27/03/2009

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 8:14 PM, sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to know more about keepOptimizedOnly,
> My problem is on the slaves's servers it's a bit slow after a replication
> and I would like to automatize an optimization after every commit. How can
> do that ? Is it this option keepOptimizedOnly?

No it is not. I don't think there is a way to do automatic optimize in Solr.

Each commit/optimize on Solr/Lucene creates a commit point (a point-in-time
snapshot of the index at the time of commit). We don't need to keep all the
commit points forever otherwise we will run out of space. At least one
commit point (the last commit point) must be kept always. The
SolrDeletionPolicy is the class which identifies the old commit points which
are not useful anymore and should be deleted.

keepOptimizedOnly tells SolrDeletionPolicy to keep only those commit points
which are optimized. Note that it does not make sense to use
keepOptimizedOnly=true if the maxCommitsToKeep=1.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.