Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com> on 2020/03/31 15:13:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 3.0.1 RC1

Hi,

the first release candidate of Apache UIMA Ruta v3.0.1 is ready for voting.

This bugfix release is compatible with UIMA v3.
This bugfix release is *not* compatible with UIMA v2.

Major Changes:

- Fixed broken literal string matching.
- Fixed variable initialization with other variables.
- Fixed assignment of lists to variables.
- Fixed assignment of annotation comparison expression to variables.
- PARSE condition supports additional argument that represents the
string to be parsed.

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1249/

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/ruta-v3/tags/ruta-3.0.1

Update site:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/ruta/ruta-3.0.1-rc1/eclipse-update-site-v3

Archive with all sources:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/ruta/ruta-3.0.1-rc1/ruta-3.0.1-source-release.zip

Overall 6 issues have been fixed for this release
They can be found in the RELEASE_NOTES.html.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ]  0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 3.0.1 RC1

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 3.0.1 RC1

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
- built svn-tag - OK
- built source-release - OK
- spot checked notive/release-notes/issue-report/sigs - OK
- tested update site in Eclipse 2019-9 - OK

[X] +1 OK to release

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Klügl
R&D Text Mining/Machine Learning

Averbis GmbH
Salzstr. 15
79098 Freiburg
Germany

Fon: +49 761 708 394 0
Fax: +49 761 708 394 10
Email: peter.kluegl@averbis.com
Web: https://averbis.com

Headquarters: Freiburg im Breisgau

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 3.0.1 RC1

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

I did not find the time.

There is possibly a quick solution, but I have currently some problems
getting my Eclipse dev setting up and running with newer Eclipse
versions (running and debugging an Eclipse application using my Ruta
workspace). This could take some time....

So, I think it's maybe better to continue with this RC so that user are
not blocked by the literal string match bug.

Best,

Peter

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

Am 06.04.2020 um 20:28 schrieb Marshall Schor:
> The eclipse update site folder has subfolders for both uimaj and ruta.
>
> This seems unusual - why is there a uimaj subfolder included?
>
> Compare with the 2.8.1 eclipse-update-site, which just has the ruta folder.

Yes, it's mistake. I used the previous RC in order to save resources and
in the previous one the complete aggregate was necessary.

The vote should be restricted to the subsite.

Best,

Peter

Posted by Marshall Schor <sc...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 3.0.1 RC1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I'm willing to classify this as not a blocker.

UIMA V3 changed the logging setup - v2 used the built-into-java logger, v3 uses
slf4j, which adds
an indirection, which can use the built-in java logger, or integrate with others.

The normal mechanism to control this is to include some jar that specifies
what slf4j should integrate with.  If nothing is specified, I think you get
messages like:

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticMDCBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation MDCAdapter implementation.
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#no_static_mdc_binder for further details.

I see these messages in the console when running the Ruta interpreter.

The consequence of this is that no logging is being done...

To fix this, you can either add the slf4j logger jar you want to the classpath, or,
when you launch Java, you can include the -D parameter:
   -Duima.use_jul_as_default_uima_logger
(see
https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.config.property-table
<http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.config.property-table>)

-Marshall

[VOTE][RESULT] Release UIMA Ruta 3.0.1 RC1

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

the vote passes, with 3 +1 and no other votes received.

+1 Peter Klügl
+1 Richard Eckart de Castilho
+1 Marshall Schor

Thanks for testing and voting!