Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark Watts <m....@eris.qinetiq.com> on 2009/11/23 15:04:02 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Different load balancers on different ports on same apache http server

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 15:57 +0200, Onur Ağın wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to define several load balancers each working on different
> ports on same apache http server.
> For example, calling the apache http server on 8001 should load
> balance on servers a and b, while calls made to port 8002 should be
> forwarded to c and d.
> How can I achieve this?
>

> Thanks...
>

> <Proxy http://127.0.0.1:8001/ >
> BalancerMember http://10.x.x.x:5101
> BalancerMember http://10.x.x.x:5102
> </Proxy>
>

> ProxyPass ????
>

> <Proxy http://127.0.0.1:8002/ >
>

> BalancerMember http://10.x.x.x:5103
> BalancerMember http://10.x.x.x:5104
> </Proxy>
>

> ProxyPass ???

I suspect you should be specifying things as follows:

<Proxy balancer://127.0.0.1:8001>
	BalancerMember http://10.x.x.x:5101
	BalancerMember http://10.x.x.x:5102
</Proxy>

<Proxy balancer://127.0.0.1:8002>
	BalancerMember http://10.x.x.x:5103
	BalancerMember http://10.x.x.x:5104
</Proxy>

<VirtualHost 0.0.0.0:8001>
	ProxyPass / balancer://127.0.0.1:8001/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 0.0.0.0:8002>
	ProxyPass / balancer://127.0.0.1:8002/
</VirtualHost>

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower

Re: [users@httpd] Different load balancers on different ports on same apache http server

Posted by Onur Ağın <on...@gmail.com>.
thanks a lot for your reply, it works now...

Posted by Mark Watts <m....@eris.qinetiq.com>.

Posted by Onur Ağın <on...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Onur Ağın <on...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Onur Ağın <on...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply,

[...]

port 8003.

[Mon Nov 23 16:10:06 2009] [notice] Child 6468: Starting thread to listen on
port 8001.

[Mon Nov 23 16:10:06 2009] [notice] Child 6468: Starting thread to listen on
port 8004.

[Mon Nov 23 16:10:06 2009] [notice] Child 6468: Starting thread to listen on
port 8002.