Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Ulf Dittmer <ul...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2019/07/09 09:59:21 UTC

Redirecting from one page to another, and displaying alternative page names

Occasionally I decide that FooBar is no longer a good name for a page, and
wish to to change it FooPage, and want the old page name to redirect to the
new one. What would be the easiest way to achieve that?

Also, If I don't want FooPage to be the page title, but something entirely
different (Like "My page about foobars"), how could that be done?

Re: Redirecting from one page to another, and displaying alternative page names

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
Ulf,

To rename a page, press the "MORE INFO...." button.

You'll see a RENAME and DELETE button,  only if you have the access-rights
to do so.
Typically you should be logged in to be able to rename a page.

Renaming a page also automatically changes the referring links to this page.

dirk

Posted by Foster Schucker <Fo...@Schucker.org>.