Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Francesco D'Andria <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/25 13:07:14 UTC

how create a resoruce

Hi all,

Could someone tell me the right code to create a new instance of a transient
grid service.
I would like to specify my RsourceId and not MuseResource-1, please
tell me also
the code to interact with the same ResoruceID via other client...

thanks in advance and best regards
Francesco

Re: how create a resoruce

Posted by Lenni Madsen <l....@mil.dk>.
What I meant to say:

The factory included has the potential to instantiate resources
programatically of other services than it's own, so that
1) you can have some resource monitor call the factory and ask it to
instantiate more version of a service
2) provide an easy way to instantiate services with specific
ResourceID's if needed (the same code can be used for serverside calls
only, if left out of the internet exposed WSDL)

Now if the CounterResourceIdFactory does allow for ResourceID's of a
different type than MuseResource-XX I don't really know.

/Lenni

Lenni Madsen

Security Architect,
Dip. Eng. m. IDA.

Danish Defence IT
Helseholmen 1
2650 Hvidovre

Tel: (+45) 4567 7236
Mob: (+45) 2621 0011
Email: l.madsen@mil.dk

Re: how create a resoruce

Posted by Francesco D'Andria <fr...@gmail.com>.
Dear Lenni,

Re: how create a resoruce

Posted by Lenni Madsen <l....@mil.dk>.
all right, it seems most of the issues is related to my laptop
environment, there must be some settings that are out of whack.
In any case I've attached my general idea for the wsn-producer
example, it includes a small factory to showcase ho to create
resources on the fly, mind you if you need to programatically change
the ResourceID of your resource instances you would need to edit the
EndpointReference in the WsFactory step createWithEprOperation before
the line with next.initialize(); I've left room in the operation call
to support a call with the desired ResourceId, though I haven
implemented the actual code to make it happen, as it's "just" a simple
xml edit operation.

Mind you this code should work, though as this an initial delivery
chances are that there might be a bug or two :) Also the code was run
on a Mac so make sure you edit the build.properties to reflect your
system environments.

Happy hunting.

/Lenni
On May 25, 2009, at 22:51 GMT+02:00, Lenni Madsen wrote:

> I've run into a few odd issues with my proposed example and due to a
> high workload tomorrow, that I need to prepare for, I'm going to
> have to keep you all waiting a few days more. Hopefully no longer
> than Thursday. So far it generates and compiles, but some of the
> more "advance" things are acting up a bit.
> On May 25, 2009, at 13:19 GMT+02:00, Lenni Madsen wrote:
>
>> I might be able to include that in the example I hope to have done
>> by tonight (EST)
>>

>> On May 25, 2009, at 13:07 GMT+02:00, Francesco D'Andria wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Could someone tell me the right code to create a new instance of a
>>> transient
>>> grid service.
>>> I would like to specify my RsourceId and not MuseResource-1, please
>>> tell me also
>>> the code to interact with the same ResoruceID via other client...
>>>
>>> thanks in advance and best regards
>>> Francesco
>>
>> Lenni Madsen
>>
>> Security Architect,
>> Dip. Eng. m. IDA.
>>
>> Danish Defence IT
>> Helseholmen 1
>> 2650 Hvidovre
>>
>> Tel: (+45) 4567 7236
>> Mob: (+45) 2621 0011
>> Email: l.madsen@mil.dk

Lenni Madsen

Security Architect,
Dip. Eng. m. IDA.

Danish Defence IT
Helseholmen 1
2650 Hvidovre

Tel: (+45) 4567 7236
Mob: (+45) 2621 0011
Email: l.madsen@mil.dk

Re: how create a resoruce

Posted by Lenni Madsen <l....@mil.dk>.

Re: how create a resoruce

Posted by Lenni Madsen <l....@mil.dk>.
I might be able to include that in the example I hope to have done by
tonight (EST)

On May 25, 2009, at 13:07 GMT+02:00, Francesco D'Andria wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Could someone tell me the right code to create a new instance of a
> transient
> grid service.
> I would like to specify my RsourceId and not MuseResource-1, please
> tell me also
> the code to interact with the same ResoruceID via other client...
>
> thanks in advance and best regards
> Francesco

Lenni Madsen

Security Architect,