Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Hi...@softwareag.com on 2004/04/20 23:30:04 UTC

RE: [Pathan-devel] XPathException: The expression '/child::*[1]/*' is an invalid XPath expression

Hi, Vikas.

Just a guess: "/" is the abbreviated version of the "child::" axis. So if you use
"/child::..." you have used a grammar like this: <axisspecifier> <axisspecifier> ...
And that is invalid.

How about this:
"/*[1]/*"

Hiran