Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Joerg Jaspert <em...@german.ath.cx> on 2002/03/18 01:08:15 UTC

Add a row to a dynamic table

Hi

If i have a table like this:
   [- $r = $set[$row] -]

How can i add a row at the bottom of the Table ? Embperl knows a Table
Header, so i can use th there. But if i want to add a row to the End it
wont work. (Ok, if i add a <tr>...</tr> it is there, but after every
row, not only after the last).

Is there a way to do this with $row, $col etc. or do i have to go the
hard way building my own foreach, while, etc. for every "dynamic" table?

Thx.
--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg

Re: Add a row to a dynamic table

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

if you know the number of rows you can add something like

[$if $row == $numrows $]
[$endif$]

Since your example seems to be the output of DBIx::Recordset, I would write
it as:

[$ while $r = $set -> Next $]

{id} +]" align="top"></td>
+]">[+ $r -> {did} +]</a></td>

[$endwhile$]

# Here you can insert anything at the end of the table

It's not much more to write, but it is more clear to the reader what's going
on here

Gerald

Re: Add a row to a dynamic table

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.
At 1:08 AM +0100 3/18/02, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>Is there a way to do this with $row, $col etc. or do i have to go the
>hard way building my own foreach, while, etc. for every "dynamic" table?

I find that I'm seldom able to use automatic tables for that reason.
A way of "escaping" a row would be nice.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.