Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Greg Troxel <gd...@ir.bbn.com> on 2009/08/11 18:35:51 UTC

Re: parse tlsext bug

[moved to users@ because this doesn't feel like an svn bug]

  I think I've found a bug in Subversion. I'm not quite sure whether this is
  actually a bug in Subversion or in Apache HTTPd but since the error
  "manifests" itself in Subversion I'll try it here first.

  The error reads like this:

  SSL negotiation failed: SSL error: parse tlsext

I am getting this too, tending to get it on larger operations and only
on some hosts.

My setup is

  server:  netbsd/amd64 5.0.  apache 2.2.12, svn 1.6.4, authz

  client: netbsd/i386 5.0 svn 1.6.4

with

  client: linux/i386 2.6.28 svn 1.6.1

I don't have the problem.

With 2.2.11 plus security patches (specifically, pkgsrc www/apache22
version 2.2.11nb6), the large diff that failed now works.

I already have SSLSessionCache disabled.

Has anyone tried 2.2.13?  The release notes don't indicate a fix for this.

RE: AW: parse tlsext bug

Posted by Slim Farza <sf...@gmail.com>.
Is there any update on this issue?

Thank you.

AW: parse tlsext bug

Posted by Sebastian Krysmanski <se...@krysmanski.de>.
Since I'm the only one interested in this issue (at least it seems that way) and nobody else seems to care (neither here nor in the IRC channel) I'm "closing" this issue by removing myself from this mailing list. Hopefully a lot of other people will encounter this problem in the future so that it'll be noticed by the developers. But until then it seems as if I've no choice but stick with Apache 2.2.11.

Sebastian

RE: parse tlsext bug

AW: parse tlsext bug

Posted by Sebastian Krysmanski <se...@krysmanski.de>.
I've just tried it using apache 2.2.13 with svn.1.6.4. No luck here. The
problem still exists. It would be nice if a Subversion developer would look
into that problem (even though it doesn't seem to be a Subversion problem;
but in this case we would at least know where to start looking for the
problem).

Regards
Sebastian