Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bjorn Boulder <bo...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/25 23:05:01 UTC

Hosted SVN works... how?

Hi there,

I am new to the world of hosted SVN.

I've used SVN a bit on my Mac.

I'd like to use SVN on devjavu to act as a repository for some code I'm writing.

Currently on my Mac, I setup a repository like this:

PROJECT=w10
REPOS_ROOT=/pt/w/hp/svn4w10
mkdir -p $REPOS_ROOT

svnadmin create --fs-type=fsfs $REPOS_ROOT/$PROJECT

REPOS=file://$REPOS_ROOT/$PROJECT

svn mkdir --message="Initial project layout" $REPOS/trunk $REPOS/tags
$REPOS/branches
svn commit --message="New Rails project"

How would I do something equivalent on SVN which is not local?

-b

Re: Hosted SVN works... how?

Posted by Bjorn Boulder <bo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

I found out a bit more also.

Here is a followup post I put on their forum:

Hello,

I'm happy to report I got it working.

I did this:

-setup permission attribute in Trac named: SVN_READWRITE

-download a proper SVN for my Mac from here:

 http://downloads.open.collab.net/binaries.html

-Know that SVN from tigris tar ball does not work (on my Mac).

-Do something like this:

-checkout:
svn co  http://svn.devjavu.com/myproject --username me@moi.net

-create code: