Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Robert Thullner <rt...@gmx.at> on 2007/12/20 19:27:25 UTC

Manageability in ServiceMix

Hi

I have now been playing and working with ServiceMix a few weeks. But I still
have one question targeting the manageability and maintainability of my
configurations.

Assuming that I have 20 or more service units in my service assembly, so
that I would also have 20 xbeans.xml, pom.xml, etc. files where my service
units are configured (services, endpoints, routes, etc.). For me that would
lead into a real mass of configuration files that have to be managed and
maintained somehow. However I find it painful to keep the overview of such a
mass of files.

Do you advises a way or a tool how to keep the management complexity of huge
service assemblies low so that I do not have to keep track of and maintain a
lot of xml files if any changes in an environment occur?

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions
Robert

Re: AW: Manageability in ServiceMix

Posted by rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com>.
You might consider using a single service unit per service engine/binding
component. This might be a sensible way to decompose the service assembly
into manageable pieces.

- Ron

Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Manageability in ServiceMix