Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Bidea Cristian <bi...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/09 23:11:00 UTC

Problems with builth path!

Hello to everyone

I've tried setting up my Eclipse environment for working on Harmony (at
list trying) and I faced a problem. I've compiled the classpath and I've
installed the VM from IBM. After that I've started Eclipse, after
putting the required options in eclipse.ini, setting everything and
checking it twice.

When I checkout a module from repository I keep getting the same error
at build:

Severity and Description
The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot
find the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the build path then try
building this project

I'm not sure what should I include in the path or what am I doing wrong.
In Eclipse in the Java Build Path menu I have only the option to include
jars. I even tried to put everything from the Harmony/build directory
into a jar and after that including it into java build path but it
generated even more errors.

I'm using Eclipse 3.2RC7.

Thanks,
Cristian

Re: Problems with builth path!

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 6/14/06, Richard Liang wrote:

> Stepan Mishura wrote:

> path

> >> wrapping):

> >> Great! It works very well. Thanks a lot, Tim. :-)
> >

> > Hmm... strange but this recipe doesn't work for me.
> >
> Hello Stepan,
>
> I'm using Eclipse 3.2 RC7 and I only check out LUNI, NIO and support.
> Could you provide more detailed error message? Thanks a lot.

Hi Richard,

I've tried to build LUNI module. The message is the same as in initial post:
"The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find
the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the build path then try building
this project".

Before I fixed the problem as you did - by adding explicitly "
luni-kernel-stubs.jar" to build path. So I assumed that Tim's advise should
work in my case too but it doesn't :-(
Maybe I've missed something.

Thanks,
Stepan.

Re: Problems with builth path!

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.

Stepan Mishura wrote:
> On 6/14/06, Richard Liang wrote:
>>

>> Tim Ellison wrote:

>> > Looks like you are missing a "-vmargs" option to tell eclipse.exe to
>> > pass the -D args to the VM.  So try (ignore my mail client's
>> wrapping):
>> >
>> > eclipse -vm D:\jdk\RI\jdk1.5.0_06\bin\javaw -vmargs -Xms256M -Xmx256M
>> > -Dpde.allowCycles=true -Dpde.jreProfile=none
>> >

>> Great! It works very well. Thanks a lot, Tim. :-)
>

> Hmm... strange but this recipe doesn't work for me.

Hello Stepan,

I'm using Eclipse 3.2 RC7 and I only check out LUNI, NIO and support.
Could you provide more detailed error message? Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Richard

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Richard Liang wrote:
> I launch Eclipse 3.2 RC7 with options "-Xms256M -Xmx256M -vm
> D:\jdk\RI\jdk1.5.0_06\bin\javaw -Dpde.allowCycles=true
> -Dpde.jreProfile=none",
> But LUNI still cannot add "luni-kernel-stubs.jar" to its "Plug-in
> Dependencies". So I have to add "luni-kernel-stubs.jar" to build path
> explicitly. Could you please tell me what's wrong with my settings?
> Thanks a lot.

Looks like you are missing a "-vmargs" option to tell eclipse.exe to
pass the -D args to the VM.  So try (ignore my mail client's wrapping):

eclipse -vm D:\jdk\RI\jdk1.5.0_06\bin\javaw -vmargs -Xms256M -Xmx256M
-Dpde.allowCycles=true -Dpde.jreProfile=none

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: Problems with builth path!

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Yep, in fact recent builds of Eclipse can cope with the kernel jars if
> you specify -Dpde.allowCycles=true as well as -Dpde.jreProfile=none on
> the launch-line.

Hello Tim,

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bidea Cristian <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much Nathan. It worked. I had to build the tests though.

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.