Posted to dev@kyuubi.apache.org by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org> on 2022/05/25 09:28:19 UTC

[NOTICE][DRAFT] Kyuubi Poding Report - June2022

Hi, PPMC and Dev

Below is our *DRAFT* podling report for Apache Incubator, please help
me check it.

Please reply directly if you suggest something to be added or removed.

The last formal report(submitted last month) can be found at [0].

--------------------
## Kyuubi

Kyuubi is a distributed multi-tenant Thrift JDBC/ODBC server for
large-scale data management, processing, and analytics, built on top of
Apache Spark and designed to support more engines.

Kyuubi has been incubating since 2021-06-21.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

1. Gain more active contributors/committers to build a diverse community
2. Make Apache releases regularly and keep the quality for all releases
3. Improve project structure and documentation

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

### How has the community developed since the last report?

- New committers: Zhen Wang
- 1 new contributor join code contribution. There are currently 75
contributors, 14 committers, and 9 PPMC members.
- Chinese version website is now available on [1] contributed by zhenjiaguo

### How has the project developed since the last report?

- Improvement Proposal Approved: [KPIP-5] Introduce Kyuubi Web UI
- Improvement Proposal Approved: [KPIP-4] Support to submit batch job

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

- [ ] Initial setup
- [ ] Working towards first release
- [x] Community building
- [ ] Nearing graduation
- [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

- 2022-04-21

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

- 2021-12-15 Yang Hua
- 2021-12-15 Dongdong Hong
- 2022-03-29 Nicholas Jiang
- 2022-03-29 Fu Cheng
- 2022-05-24 Zhen Wang

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

- Mentors are helpful and always responsive.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes

### Signed-off-by:

- [ ] (kyuubi) Willem Ning Jiang
Comments:
- [ ] (kyuubi) Jeff Zhang
Comments:
- [ ] (kyuubi) Duo Zhang
Comments:
- [ ] (kyuubi) Akira Ajisaka

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

BR,

Kent Yao

[0] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/May2022#kyuubi
[1] https://kyuubi.apache.org/zh/

Re: [NOTICE][DRAFT] Kyuubi Poding Report - June2022

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.
Thanks Akira

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Thank you for the report.