Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com> on 2011/06/30 02:08:59 UTC

Re: Preserving Legacy Content

On 6/28/2011 7:39 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Were you able to get a copy of the zone file?
>
> Is there an Oracle web admin contact that we should be going to for
> request like this?
>
> It would be good to have a single contact point at Oracle, and a
> single contact point for the project, for requests like this to flow
> through.  Or at least a well-understood list of people.
>
> I'm thinking of security here.  I don't think we should expect Oracle
> to hunt through the mailAlias.txt and committer and IPMC lists to see
> if an email request is actually from the project.
>
> Andrew, does this make sense?  I think this is one of a list similar
> admin requests that will be coming your way, from doing database
> dumps, to setting up redirects, etc.  We need a way to get these
> requests and their status documented.   JIRA or Bugzilla would be
> idea, but we don't have that set up yet, since we'll need some Oracle
> admin help moving the OOo bugzilla database over.  So a chicken and
> egg problem.
I am a good initial contact for stuff like this.  Availability will
obviously be gated by licensing and security/privacy considerations.
For stuff like the translations and the bugzilla content, I have backups
and we can create current snapshots.
For much of this we can move first and solve SGA second (similar to the
source code).

Andrew

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jun 29, 2011, at 5:08 PM, Andrew Rist wrote:

> On 6/28/2011 7:39 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> Were you able to get a copy of the zone file?
>>
>> Is there an Oracle web admin contact that we should be going to for
>> request like this?
>>
>> It would be good to have a single contact point at Oracle, and a
>> single contact point for the project, for requests like this to flow
>> through.  Or at least a well-understood list of people.
>>
>> I'm thinking of security here.  I don't think we should expect Oracle
>> to hunt through the mailAlias.txt and committer and IPMC lists to see
>> if an email request is actually from the project.
>>
>> Andrew, does this make sense?  I think this is one of a list similar
>> admin requests that will be coming your way, from doing database
>> dumps, to setting up redirects, etc.  We need a way to get these
>> requests and their status documented.   JIRA or Bugzilla would be
>> idea, but we don't have that set up yet, since we'll need some Oracle
>> admin help moving the OOo bugzilla database over.  So a chicken and
>> egg problem.
> I am a good initial contact for stuff like this.  Availability will obviously be gated by licensing and security/privacy considerations.
> For stuff like the translations and the bugzilla content, I have backups and we can create current snapshots.
> For much of this we can move first and solve SGA second (similar to the source code).

Kay started this page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OpenOffice+Domains

We've done some editing and I started going through looking at each "project". It might be good to pick one - like about.openoffice.org - and see what it would be like to export from Kenai and import to Confluence.

Regards,
Dave