Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2019/07/02 06:01:25 UTC

[ROCKWELL] Implement the DF1 Protocoll

Hi all friends of plcs,

We have a new customer approaching which uses several Allen Bradley SLC504.
With the help of my beloved Tim, Matthias and Björn we at least found out that there seems to be a proprietary protocol called DF1 (“ControlNet, DeviceNet oder Remote-E/A-Kommunikation. DF1 Halbduplex-Master-Protokoll gewährt die Steuerung von SCADA Netzwerken über Modems“). There also is an open source implementation online under https://github.com/leicht/Df1/tree/master/src.

My question is, has anybody already some experience with this PLC or with the protocol?
I think its reasonable to implement this, but would be good to have some feedback upfront.
I logged JIRA PLC4X-131 for that [1].

Julian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PLC4X/issues/PLC4X-131?filter=allopenissues

Re: [ROCKWELL] Implement the DF1 Protocoll

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Chris,

thanks for your support.
As you know, we just where on a fair for one week, so we just did a very basic checking, to see if its technically possible : )

As I am travelling together with Matthias, Tim and Björn later today, we will surely have a talk about that and bring our ideas back here.

Am 02.07.19, 08:57 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Just found this
    https://www.rockwellautomation.com/global//detail.page?pagetitle=Technology-Licensing-Developer-How-to-Guides&content_type=article&docid=f997dd3546ab8a53b86390649d17b89b

    Seems this are evermore resources from Rockwell directly. As I'm on my logins I haven't had a detailed look, but it would probably be a good starting point.

    Chris

    Holen Sie sichOutlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

    As I just mentioned in slack, it would be good to find other sources of information. As the mentioned drive is gpl licensed, looking at the code and writing code from that would be regarded being a derivative work. We could write a program using the driver and inspect the packets it writes and reads. That would be OK.