Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca> on 2002/12/18 02:19:18 UTC

[users@httpd] site issue-- linuxspice.com( ot )

eric, I'm able to get to your site, no problems,
but I noticed something you really need to fix.
you must use ssl when getting credit card information, or the data is
easily copied while in transit.

you will have to obtain a certificate ( verisign or Thwaite are trusted
by browsers ) and use ssl to process transactions.
you will also need to use the online credit card facilities available
from your bank for business accounts.

very few people will be willing to purchase if you are not using ssl to
process the transaction.

Jaqui

a cc to the apache list so the next round of questions will have a bit
of background available

Re: [users@httpd] site issue-- linuxspice.com( ot )

Posted by Chris Meadors <cl...@hereintown.net>.
J. Greenlees wrote:
> eric, I'm able to get to your site, no problems,
> but I noticed something you really need to fix.
> you must use ssl when getting credit card information, or the data is
> easily copied while in transit.

I think an SSL cert. is the least of his problems.

--
Chris