Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Je...@unitedbuildingcenters.com on 2007/04/04 21:21:25 UTC

Finding Version Of Tomcat On Unix?

Hello List!

I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone can help me with: How can
I find the version of Tomcat running on my Unix box?

When I go into the README.txt doc, I see that it's 4.1...but I don't know
the last #'s in the version: 4.1.x...

Is there a command I can run to find this info out?

Thanks much for your time and assistance!
-Jeanna

Re: Finding Version Of Tomcat On Unix?

Posted by Je...@unitedbuildingcenters.com.
Super - Thanks for the reply!

David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>
04/04/2007 02:40 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <us...@tomcat.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Finding Version Of Tomcat On Unix?

As with the recently asked question on which java version is in use, you
should be able to glean that from the manager webapp.

http://localhost:8080/manager/html (replace localhost and 8080 with
appropriate values for your installation)

Log in with a user that has the manager role and it should offer you
lots of good information on the status of tomcat.

--David

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.