Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by srdjan <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/25 18:36:34 UTC

axis/tomcat restart problem

hi,
i have recently succesfully deployed my service on axis,however when i
restart tomcat on the remote server my service is somehow lost- its wsdl is
no longer visible.all the class files of the service are in place,and
everything is ok with service itself( i have tested it on my local tomcat).
tomcat is on the remote server which runs on linux gentoo,and i have
developed my service under windows,but i seriously doubt that the problem
lays there.
could the problem be in that i haven't actualy instaled axis(using the linux
emerge command) but have just copied axis/webaps in tomcat/webaps?
i have lost entire blody day trying to figure this out.
any sugestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Re: axis/tomcat restart problem

Posted by srdjan <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thank you David, you are the KING:)))
it was the f**n server-config.wsdd  file....the remote tomcat for some
reason doesnt create it at all.so i just made my own one and placed it in
tomcat-6\webapps\axis\WEB-INF folder and it worked perfectly!!
thank you soo much,youve saved me a tone of grief:))
thanks
srdjan

Posted by David Ojeda <do...@integra.la>.
Ok then...
> [...]

> > On Friday 26 September 2008 07:27:55 srdjan wrote:
> >> Yes,but axis is not standalone server,tomcat is,and it recognizes axis
> >> as some sort of servlet.
> >> I am deploying my service on axis using wsdd.My service is simply a java
> >> class(+ a client for another service) ,not a servlet.I can deploy it on
> >> tomcat as war,but it wont work,because its not a servlet and it uses
> >> axis.
> >> Perhapse I am mistaken on this, if someone knows a way i can do this, i
> >> will gladly listen.
> >> Again,my problem is not in deploying my service,my problem is that my
> >> service disapears( its wsdl is not visible on
> >> ..:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet) every time tomcat is restarted. This
> >> doesnt happen when i restart my  local tomcat.
> >> the worst thing is i can't seem to find a similar situation anywhere..

Ing. David Ojeda
Integra Consultores
Caracas, Venezuela

RE: axis/tomcat restart problem

Posted by srdjan <ta...@gmail.com>.
Is the question ment for me or for David?:)

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
David-

Posted by srdjan <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Ojeda <do...@integra.la>.
Hello,

What do you mean by "every time tomcat is restarted" and "This doesnt happen
when i restart my local tomcat" ?
I am guessing that "local tomcat" is a tomcat instance installed manually in
your home and there is another instance installed by portage/emerge ?

On Friday 26 September 2008 07:27:55 srdjan wrote:
> Yes,but axis is not standalone server,tomcat is,and it recognizes axis as
> some sort of servlet.
> I am deploying my service on axis using wsdd.My service is simply a java
> class(+ a client for another service) ,not a servlet.I can deploy it on
> tomcat as war,but it wont work,because its not a servlet and it uses axis.
> Perhapse I am mistaken on this, if someone knows a way i can do this, i
> will gladly listen.
> Again,my problem is not in deploying my service,my problem is that my
> service disapears( its wsdl is not visible on
> ..:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet) every time tomcat is restarted. This
> doesnt happen when i restart my  local tomcat.
> the worst thing is i can't seem to find a similar situation anywhere..
>
> thanks for your effort David
>
> David Ojeda wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I don't think that your problem is related to the way you installed axis.
> > believe most people don't use that particular flavor of linux nor install
> > axis
> > using emerge, rpm, apt-get, pacman, etc. IMO most people just deploy the
> > axis
> > war in tomcat or deploy a customized war with the axis content.
> >
> > In my case, I create a war with the axis content, the webservices
> > classes, resources, jars and aars, and the appropiate axis configuration.
> >
> > Hope it helps.
> >
> > On Thursday 25 September 2008 12:06:34 srdjan wrote:
> >> hi,
> >> i have recently succesfully deployed my service on axis,however when i
> >> restart tomcat on the remote server my service is somehow lost- its wsdl
> >> is
> >> no longer visible.all the class files of the service are in place,and
> >> everything is ok with service itself( i have tested it on my local
> >> tomcat).
> >> tomcat is on the remote server which runs on linux gentoo,and i have
> >> developed my service under windows,but i seriously doubt that the
> >> problem lays there.
> >> could the problem be in that i haven't actualy instaled axis(using the
> >> linux emerge command) but have just copied axis/webaps in tomcat/webaps?
> >> have lost entire blody day trying to figure this out.
> >> any sugestions will be greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> thanks
> >
> > --
> > Ing. David Ojeda
> > Integra Consultores
> > Caracas, Venezuela

Ing. David Ojeda
Integra Consultores
Caracas, Venezuela

Re: axis/tomcat restart problem

Posted by srdjan <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Ojeda <do...@integra.la>.
Hello,

I don't think that your problem is related to the way you installed axis. I

--
Ing. David Ojeda
Integra Consultores