Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2009/03/08 19:20:25 UTC

[1.x] Errors compiling Tuscany Geronimo plugin

Not sure if this is a Geronimo or Tuscany list question but I'll start here
first. I'm trying to compile the Geronimo Tuscany plugin. I checked out

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/tuscany/

When I run mvn I get....

[INFO]
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] Geronimo Tuscany Integration parent ................... SUCCESS
[3.562s]
[INFO] Geronimo Plugins :: Tuscany ........................... SUCCESS
[11.750s]

[INFO] Geronimo Plugins :: Tuscany Servlet Host for Geronimo Tomcat  FAILED
[3.6
72s]
[INFO] Geronimo Plugins :: Tuscany Implementation Web Runtime for Geronimo
SUCC
ESS [16.094s]
[INFO] Geronimo Plugins :: Tuscany Implementation EJB Runtime for Geronimo
SUCC
ESS [3.031s]
[INFO] Geronimo Plugins :: Tuscany Plugin for Geronimo Tomcat  SKIPPED
(dependen
cy build failed or was skipped)
[INFO] Geronimo Plugins :: Tuscany Servlet Host for Geronimo Jetty  FAILED
[25.9
06s]
[INFO] Geronimo Plugins :: Tuscany Plugin for Geronimo Jetty . SKIPPED
(dependen
cy build failed or was skipped)
[INFO]
[INFO] Error for project: Geronimo Plugins :: Tuscany Servlet Host for
Geronimo
Tomcat (during install)
[INFO]
[INFO] Compilation failure
C:\simon\geronimo\tuscany\trunk\geronimo-tuscany-http-tomcat\src\main\java\org\a
pache\geronimo\tuscany\http\tomcat\GeronimoServletHost.java:[65,7]
org.apache.ge
ronimo.tuscany.http.tomcat.GeronimoServletHost is not abstract and does not
over
ride abstract method
addServletMapping(java.lang.String,javax.servlet.Servlet,or
g.apache.tuscany.sca.host.http.SecurityContext) in
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.h
ttp.ServletHost

C:\simon\geronimo\tuscany\trunk\geronimo-tuscany-http-tomcat\src\main\java\org\a
pache\geronimo\tuscany\http\tomcat\GeronimoServletHost.java:[65,7]
org.apache.ge
ronimo.tuscany.http.tomcat.GeronimoServletHost is not abstract and does not
over
ride abstract method
addServletMapping(java.lang.String,javax.servlet.Servlet,or
g.apache.tuscany.sca.host.http.SecurityContext) in
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.h
ttp.ServletHost

[INFO]
[INFO] Error for project: Geronimo Plugins :: Tuscany Servlet Host for
Geronimo
Jetty (during install)
[INFO]
[INFO] Compilation failure
C:\simon\geronimo\tuscany\trunk\geronimo-tuscany-http-jetty\src\main\java\org\ap
ache\geronimo\tuscany\http\jetty\GeronimoServletHost.java:[85,7]
org.apache.gero
nimo.tuscany.http.jetty.GeronimoServletHost is not abstract and does not
overrid
e abstract method
addServletMapping(java.lang.String,javax.servlet.Servlet,org.a
pache.tuscany.sca.host.http.SecurityContext) in
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.http
.ServletHost

C:\simon\geronimo\tuscany\trunk\geronimo-tuscany-http-jetty\src\main\java\org\ap
ache\geronimo\tuscany\http\jetty\GeronimoServletHost.java:[85,7]
org.apache.gero
nimo.tuscany.http.jetty.GeronimoServletHost is not abstract and does not
overrid
e abstract method
addServletMapping(java.lang.String,javax.servlet.Servlet,org.a
pache.tuscany.sca.host.http.SecurityContext) in
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.http
.ServletHost

First of all am I trying the compile the right code?

Simon

Re: [1.x] Errors compiling Tuscany Geronimo plugin

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Mar 8, 2009, at 6:00 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:
> >
> >> This is one of the side effects of not having all the code in one
> >> place. Please add the new method to servletHost in the geronimo
> >> plugin, possibly just delegating to the existing one and passing
> >> SecurityContext as null.
> >
> > I fixed the compile error in the Geronimo Tuscany plugin --  though
> actually
> > using the SecurityContext is a TODO.
> >
> > This seems like a natural disconnect that can occur between two projects
> > under active development...
> >

> Thanks, I was just trying to say that I didn't see the plugin using
> it, and forgot to update it :)
>
> > --kevan

> Luciano Resende
> Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Kevan/Luciano

Thanks for the fix. I get a clean build here now. Next I'll try installing
it and give it a spin.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: [1.x] Errors compiling Tuscany Geronimo plugin

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.