Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/25 19:56:00 UTC

Can't hide NavigatorContent

Hi,

There is a 2 level menu in my web app,
so on second level I have a ViewStack with multiple NavigatorContent tabs.
I am trying to hide one tab, but it doesn't work for me from
creationComplete.
I see ViewStack is NULL at that point.
Making visible=false or includeInLayout or enable false doesn't help.

Any idea?

TIA,
Oleg

Re: Can't hide NavigatorContent

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
> Instead of this you may want to handle the creationComplete event of the
"tab viewstack" to hide particular tabs.

Only to be clear:
Of course you're only be able to hide a tab if it is already instanciated!
Sounds like in your use case it makes sense to add the tabs dynamically to
the viewstack using AS3.

HTH,
Olaf

Re: Can't hide NavigatorContent

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
olegkon wrote
> I am trying to hide one tab, but it doesn't work for me from
> creationComplete.
> I see ViewStack is NULL at that point.

If I understand you right the "tab viewstack" is nested so maybe it is not
instanciated at creationComplete of your top level component cause of the
deferred instantiation concept of Flex. If that's the case you could set
creationPolicy="true" which is not the best solution. Instead of this you
may want to handle the creationComplete event of the "tab viewstack" to hide
particular tabs.

If I get you wrong providing some code might help.

Thanks,
Olaf