Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Vijayan <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/15 14:57:27 UTC

VFS - FileObject.exists - Could not determine the type of the filev

Hi,

We are using common-vfs-1.0.jar. And it used to work fined. But on and off
in a random manner, we get the following exception

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not determine the type of
file "https://.....".
 at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.attach(AbstractFileObject.java:1305)
 at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getType(AbstractFileObject.java:412)
 at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.exists(AbstractFileObject.java:402)

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: HEAD method failed
for "https://....".
 at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.http.HttpFileObject.doGetType(HttpFileObject.java:96)
 at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.attach(AbstractFileObject.java:1296)

Restarting the server will work smoothly. But why this error occuring , any
help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: VFS - FileObject.exists - Could not determine the type of the filev

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
What happens with VFS 2.0?

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com