Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Arno Illmann <ar...@gmx.de> on 2001/06/13 23:17:37 UTC

[c1->c2] Is it a must to create a war file ... etc

Hi all. Please help. ;-)

I'm a newbie (few months ago I got c1.81 running and made some simple
apps with mysql etc but had not enough time), and I'm trying to install
c2 with tomcat3 .... but no docs on the site, it really can't be
characterized as doc. It's "Tips For Insiders"...

And it's a puzzle to search in cocoon-users (I found some little pieces)

Here my questions:

Do I have to install it like C1
in <tomcat_home>/webapps/cocoon/,
editing server.xml file,
and cocoon.properties file in /webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF?
(I only found a cocoondb.properties and database.properties)

Is there a must to create a war file from the whole framework?

Did someone wrote an installation quasi-faq / step-by-step in
cocoon-users before? Or in the cocoon docs.

Much thanks and best regards, Arno Illmann

Re: [c1->c2] Is it a must to create a war file ... etc

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Arno Illmann wrote:

> Hi all. Please help. ;-)
>
> I'm a newbie (few months ago I got c1.81 running and made some simple
> apps with mysql etc but had not enough time), and I'm trying to install
> c2 with tomcat3 .... but no docs on the site, it really can't be
> characterized as doc. It's "Tips For Insiders"...

Well, any patches are welcome ;)

Look at http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/ where you'll alread find a bunch
of docs.

Giacomo