Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by ehsavoie <em...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/24 11:42:51 UTC

Question regarding licensing and 2nd donation

Hi,
Maybe this is not the right channel but in the WildFly plugin I use
schema2beans to produce configuration beans.
Current JBoss/WildFly schemas extend J2EE/ JavaEE ones which were licensed
by Sun/ Oracle under LGPL. Red Hatr would consider moving to ASL2 those
schemas but since they are extending the others I think those would need to
be relicensed too. Does someone know what is the current license status of
those files ?
Cheers,
Emmanuel

2nd option is my patch for schema2beans to pull those files when generating
code which can be licensed under ASL2 (check with my legal dept.).

----------
Emmanuel Hugonnet
http://www.ehsavoie.com
http://twitter.com/ehsavoie

Re: Question regarding licensing and 2nd donation

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
I believe so, yes.

Gj

Posted by ehsavoie <em...@gmail.com>.